Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Journal Spam

I have a new term for describing excessive journal articles published by an individual that all contain the same or similar crap content: "journal spam". It seems particularly apt for describing a lot of the articles I've come across by certain individuals (whose names will be withheld as a professional courtesy). I find myself asking, why do these people waste their time publishing the same crap over and over? Some are editors of journals, so this may play a role. However, there must be some other motive at work here. No doubt vanity plays a big role. It's unfortunate that the noble pursuit of truth is for many people degraded to a mere vanity show. It annoys me somewhat because, just like regular (unfiltered) email spam, I need to wad through it to get to real content....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home